We’re always keeping an eye out for suspicious activity on your account. We do our best to keep your hard earned dollars protected from being used by someone else. Our recent addition of the EMV security chip to our BluCurrent cards is a great example of how we are constantly striving to protect your account. But, have you ever wondered what happens when your account is being used by a fraudster? We’ve got your back:
If we detect fraud, your card will be temporarily blocked and you will receive a text message to verify the transaction. If you do not respond within 5 minutes, you will receive a phone call to verify the transaction.
- If you respond the transaction is yours, your card will be unblocked, so you can complete your transaction.
- If you respond the transaction is not yours, your card will be permanently blocked. You will need to contact BluCurrent Card Services at 417-887-1983 ext 1475. One of our friendly staff members will assist you in getting a new card ordered.
- If you do not respond after both the text and phone call attempts, you will be sent a letter in the mail and the card will remain temporarily blocked until we receive a response.
What can you do to help?
- Keep your contact information up-to-date. Keeping your current phone, email, and mailing address on file allows us to quickly contact you to resolve any issues before they become a problem. To update your contact information visit any of our branch locations or call 417-887-1983 to speak with a friendly member service representative.
- Check your transaction history on a daily or weekly basis. This can be done easily through online or mobile banking.
- Make sure you keep your debit and credit cards, along with any other material that includes your account information, in a safe and secure spot. Make sure you keep your debit and credit cards, along with any other material that includes your account information, in a safe and secure spot. Do not keep your PIN number and card together.
- Refrain from signing up for “free trials.” If you sign up for them, know that you need to cancel within the allotted time per their terms and conditions or we are unable to dispute charges.
Together, we can do our best to quickly detect fraud and minimize its impact. Keep an eye on your account and we’ll continue to monitor for fraudsters on our end. Don’t forget, if you receive a text regarding your card from us, be sure to respond. Note: Please be cautious when supplying your personal information.