Advance Child Tax Credit Info & FAQs
If you have a child, chances are you are aware of the changes to the Child Tax Credit. Among the changes are advanced payments of the credit. Read on for helpful information about these payments and how to access your funds with BluCurrent.
According to the IRS, advance Child Tax Credits will begin on July 15th and be disbursed on a monthly basis through December 2021. It is important to note:
- BluCurrent does not determine when and how you receive your payment, the IRS does.
- If your information has changed (bank account, address, etc.) it is important to notify the IRS. According to the IRS, the Child Tax Credit Update Portal will be updated with this functionality prior to the first round of payments.
Helpful tools & information if you’re expecting your payment to your BluCurrent account via direct deposit:
- Please allow at least 24hrs after the expected arrival date given through the IRS website for your deposit to post & clear to your account.
- Get notification when your payment is on the way by setting up eAlerts through online banking.
- You can view your account through online or mobile banking to see if the funds have arrived.
- Note: Direct deposits only occur once a day. If you check your account in the morning during business hours and do not see the funds, we recommend waiting until the next business day to check for your payment.
- If you prefer to check your balance via phone, you may do so by calling 417-887-1983 and select option 5.
If you’re expecting a printed check, there are several ways to deposit it safely:
- Utilize mobile check deposit. This is an easy process that can be completed with just a few clicks, from your own home.
- Learn more about how to use mobile check deposit.
- Get instructions on setting up online & mobile banking.
- Visit one of our branch locations during business hours. Find the location nearest you.
- Utilize our overnight drop outside of lobby or drive-thru hours. Be sure to include a filled-out deposit slip so we know how to process your transaction appropriately. This service is available at all locations.
- Mail your deposit to our main branch at 1770 W. Sunset St., Springfield, MO 65807. Be sure to include a filled-out deposit slip so we know how to process your transaction appropriately. (Please note: mail delivery is taking longer than average. Please allow at least two weeks for your check to arrive.)
Looking for more information regarding Advanced Child Tax Credit Payments? Visit the IRS FAQ website for help.